Joe was born in Chicago, IL. At the age of 3, he came to Arkansas due to the fact that his father was employed at Little Rocks KAAY AM 1090. Joe grew up a huge sports fan playing football and baseball until high school. He attended Central High School graduating in 1991. After graduation, Joe served his country in the United States Air Force. He began working at 103.7 The Buzz in 2002 and is now the producer of Drivetime Sports (Mon-Fri 4-7p)!
GET TO KNOW FREAKY JOE!
1. What was your favorite toy when you were a kid? Star Wars figures
2. What's your favorite bumper sticker? Life is short, Break some rules 3. If you could have picked your own name, what would it be? I don’t know, glad I didn’t have to.
4. What was the name of your first pet? Spike
5. What’s a good movie title to sum up your life story? Do The Right Thing
6. If you were an animal, what would you be? Lion, I’m a Leo, they hunt & kill their own food. How good is that?!
7. If you could meet any person in the world, who would it be? Bill Gates, throw your boy a bone or two!
8. If you had 3 wishes from a genie, what would you ask? To be 1. Healthy 2. Wealthy & 3. Great health for friends and family
9. What did you dream you'd be when you were growing up? Football player
10. Who is your favorite super hero? Superman, he has X-Ray vision & can fly.
11. What's the most childish thing about you? Working with Matt Couch.
12. Who is your favorite Star Wars character? Han Solo
13. What did you have for breakfast? Nothing, not a big breakfast guy.
14. Favorite color? Green
15. What kind of shampoo do you use? Combination of Head & Shoulders & the cheapest.
16. Favorite TV show? SportsCenter
17. Favorite pizza? Beef Supreme, hold the Italian Sausage.
18. Favorite vacation place? The Internet! Just Kidding, Chicago to visit family.
19. Shoe size? 9 1/2
20. Favorite ice cream? Vanilla
21. Favorite board game? Life
22. Favorite food? Steak
23. Favorite restaurant? Any place I can get a good Steak.
24. Favorite candy? You can’t beat chocolate & peanut butter together… Reese’s Cups
25. First car? Toyota Cressida, they don’t make them anymore.
26. Favorite animal? Cow, you know why, that’s where steak comes from!
27. Favorite sports team? Pittsburgh Steelers, was there ever a doubt?
28. Favorite movie? Baby Boy
29. Favorite book? Sports Illustrated The Football Book
30. Favorite letter? Never thought about it, I guess J because my name begins with it.
31. Favorite soda pop? Dr. Pepper
32. Favorite season? Winter, I like it cold.
33. Have you ever broken a bone? If so, what? No
34. Favorite city? “I Love LA!”
35. Favorite song? So Many Tears by 2Pac
36. Favorite band? Don’t have one
37. Worst movie? Pretty much any “so called” scary movie that has come out after the mid 80’s.
38. Worst TV show? I wouldn’t know
39. What’s your favorite thing to cook? Same as my favorite food, Steak
40. Favorite actor? Denzel Washington
41. Favorite actress? Do I have to only choose 1? So many beautiful ladies I enjoy watching.
42. Favorite fruit? Orange
43. Favorite vegetable? Corn
44. Worst vegetable? Irish peas alone, I can eat them in Chinese rice.
45. Worst fruit? Banana
46. Favorite car? Nissan Maxima
47. Name of your high school? Central High
48. What kind of toothpaste do you use? Colgate Total
49. Favorite doughnut? Plain glazed
50. Favorite desert? Blackberry Cobbler
51. Favorite cereal? Not really a cereal eater but, I’d have to say Frosted Flakes.
52. Ducks or turtles? What kind of question is this? Turtles I guess.
53. Favorite time of day? I’m a night owl, night time.
54. Favorite country to visit? Yet to be determined, have not left this one.
55. What kind of deodorant do you use? Degree
56. How tall are you? How tall or short? Somewhere around 5’5”
57. Ever been sky diving? No, don’t plan on going anytime soon.
58. What’s the craziest thing you have ever done? Disappeared for a week & no one knew where I was ( except for a few loved ones ) & never answered my phone… What a relief, everyone should experience that at least once.
59. Favorite holiday? Memorial Day
60. Favorite reindeer? Rudolph, he’s a leader & he has his own special.
61. Favorite saying? “You Know” or “No Doubt”
62. Do you play any instruments? No
63. Can you do a cartwheel? Yes
64. Favorite cartoon? The Flintstones
65. Do you wear slippers? Yes
66. Plaid or polka dots? Plaid
67. How many states have you lived in? And what were they? 2, Illinois & Arkansas
68. Worst bowling score? Can’t remember but I’m always disappointed if under 100.
69. Dogs or cats? Dogs
70. Ever been horseback riding? Oh yeah, lots of fun!
71. Favorite Christmas special? A Christmas Story
72. Hippo or giraffe? I’ll get my boy Justin Acri’s back on this one, he’s probably envious of a giraffe so, I’ll say Hippo!
73. Favorite cookie? Peanut Butter
74. Favorite fish? Catfish
75. How many cavities do you have? Don’t ask, one for sure that needs to be fixed badly!
76. Favorite salad dressing? Balsamic Vinaigrette
77. What spicy food do you like? All, anything spicy.
78. Mustard or mayo? Mustard
79. Favorite chip? Lay’s Salt & Vinegar
80. Favorite cheese? Pepper Jack
81. Favorite magazine? Sports Illustrated
82. Best childhood memory? Seeing the Steelers win the Super Bowl in 79 – 80.
83. Who is your hero? 2, My Parents; They taught me a lot & they’re still teaching.