KABZ 103.7 The Buzz PSA Policy and Guidelines
KABZ 103.7 The Buzz gladly accepts Public Service Announcements (PSAs) from state-registered not-for-profit corporations.
Below is information on how to register with the state of Arkansas.
Arkansas Secretary of State
Business and Commercial Services
1401 West Capitol Avenue, Suite 250
Little Rock, AR 72201
Information: (888) 233-0325
Web Site: www.sos.arkansas.gov/corp_ucc.html
KABZ 103.7 The Buzz will consider PSAs for the following:
1. Cultural, educational, environmental, civic, pet, weather recovery, and health-related events that, in our judgment, have an affinity with our community, audience, and the common good;
2. Fundraising events (to the extent of FCC regulations) which, in our judgment, have an affinity with our community, audience, education, and the common good.
KABZ 103.7 The Buzz will carefully consider, but may not accept, PSAs for the following:
1. Events that have narrow appeal to a small or specialized constituency (e.g., high school reunions);
2. Political or advocacy events that have to do with a political party, advocacy group, candidacy, or issue. An exception may be made for a forum or debate at which all major candidates or all sides of an issue are represented;
3. Religious events, and other non-religious events at churches, synagogues, and other religious venues, or temporary relocation of services.
4. Routine or regular meetings of an organization.
Additional KABZ 103.7 The Buzz PSA Guidelines:
1. The organization sponsoring the event must be a bona fide 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. KABZ may request confirmation of nonprofit status. The Promotions and Marketing Director can override this guideline if she deems necessary.
2. To offer your organization the best possible service, PSA requests should be received a minimum four-five weeks prior to your event.
3. PSAs could run as :10s, :15s, :20s or :30s depending on the available inventory. Information about your event can also be considered for placement on KABZ’s website: www.1037thebuzz.com. KABZ’s Promotions and Marketing Director, will write and edit PSA content, in accordance with FCC and station regulations. KABZ will produce the spot in house, unless you have a produced spot. The Promotions and Marketing Director will then need to approve the spot for air.
4. You must include in your request: organization name; contact information; day, date, & time of event; location of event, and other information necessary. Sponsors attached to your event, may or may not be included in the PSA. This will be determined by the Promotions and Marketing Director.
5. Please be aware that we are unable to determine in advance how often, or when, your PSA will air. Because this is a free service, we are obligated to fulfill orders for paid commercials/announcements first. You will, however, receive an invoice at the end of the month, showing where your PSA ran and at a $0 balance.
6. PSAs are primarily intended to promote local events ONLY.
7. Depending on the event and nature of the information in the PSA, the Promotions and Marketing Director may ask for an in-kind media sponsorship at your event which could include the placement of KABZ 103.7 The Buzz banners, logo placement, stage announcements, etc.
Your organization may contact KABZ’s Promotions and Marketing Director, Lindy Blackstone by:
• e-mail: email@example.com
• phone: 501-661-1037
• fax: 501-664-5871
Attn: Lindy Blackstone
KABZ 103.7 The Buzz
2400 Cottondale Lane
Little Rock, Arkansas 72202